11.12.2010

Time to have some fun

Hey there readers. If you're looking at this you probably have already talked to me, met me, read about my workouts/races, or are just a stalker.

If not, my name is Mike, I run, I bike, and I swim (kind of).



This guy is not a good swimmer.

First things first: I want this blog to be a fun project. I've tried my hand at blogging a few years back on a couple of subjects: at first fantasy football then a little bit of dabbling in running race reporting. Talking about fantasy football on a weekly basis gets boring quickly unfortunately, and it's not exactly one of my passions in life. As the posts here go on, I'm sure I'll get more focused and give you more useful knowledge instead of my own silly ramblings.

After I graduated from the University of Florida back in 2006, I kinda realized that I wouldn't be the international soccer star I thought I would be when I was younger. I mean, I could still play just fine, but I needed something that I could do throughout my lifetime. Then I started "jogging," a term that I've come to dislike rather fervently, but more on that later. At first, it was just to maintain some semblance of fitness during brutal working hours out of college. Then I started to realize that this was something that made me feel great and that I was improving my speed and distance without much thought. Jogging turned into running turned into racing turned into a part of my life that I will never give up.

Luckily, since then, I've had the opportunity to be associated with a rather inspiring group of runners, cyclists, and triathletes from both my local community and overwhelmingly from the online community. I have to give a gigantic shout out to the great folks at dailymile, who consistently inspire me to set goals for myself, achieve those goals, and motivate me like no other group of people I know. Yes, I will plug that site a lot here; and no, I will not apologize for it.

This is meant to be a journal of sorts. A place to share stories of running and triathlon training and racing. Everyone's got a story and I might as well share mine.

Welcome.

PS: It's gonna look a little rough around here for a few posts until I get all the features here figured out.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Blogosphere :)

    I thought you were going with Wordpress? And now here you are on Blogger....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seen your posts on other forums. You're a great writer and looking forward to reading your athletic adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good start. Let's see where you go with it.

    ReplyDelete